Monday, January 16, 2012

Car Park Sign

I've had my first commission for work! My neighbour came round the other day and asked where we got the brilliant "Private" car parking signs in our spaces as she'd been looking everywhere for something similar. When I told her that I had made them, she asked if I would mind making her a couple too and that she'd pay me for them!
I used some scrap pieces of wood, cut them to size, sanded them smooth and drilled in some holes for the wire to hang them.
I then painted them black with chalkboard paint, as it's waterproof.
I printed out a nice font for the sign and then layed them on the wood and drew round them. This left a slight indent on the wood and I just painted on in silver.
I then sealed the letters with some varnish and added floral wire so you can attach the sign to the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment