Monday, January 16, 2012

Stencil Wallpaper

I came up with the crazy idea of painting wallpaper onto the wall. Glad I only decided to do the little downstairs toilet as it took quite a long time!
I cut out a stencil on card and drew round it onto the wall in pencil.

I then painted the background in blue and the pattern in grey. Here it is half finished:

I painted the frame of the mirror the same colour as the pattern and now declare this room finished!! Am really happy with how it turned out. Just need to get a lavender plant or something instead of the spider plant to match the walls.
I made some little heart-shaped soaps too and my lovely friend, Lyndall, gave us the white candle as a thank you for having her to stay gift. We haven't even lit it yet but because the room is so small, it smells lovely every time you open the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment