Thursday, December 29, 2011

Handmade Soaps

Here's some more Christmas presents I made this year.
I bought clear and white glycerin and decided on my different types of soap I was going to make:

Oatmeal & honey
Cinnamon
Honey & ginger


I used a heart-shaped silicon icecube tray and a silicon muffin tray.
I lightly greased the trays with sunflower oil so the soap wouldn't stick.
I then cut a chunk of the glycerin and melted it in the microwave.
I added my ingredients:
200g clear glycerin + 1 tbsp honey + 1 tbsp porridge oats blitzed down (aka oatmeal!)
200g clear glycerin + 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
200g white glycerin + 1 tbsp honey + 1 tsp ground ginger
I poured the liquid soap into the moulds and then sprinkled vodka on top to stop bubbles forming.



After an hour they were hardened and I put them in the fridge to firm them up a bit.

I then wrapped them all up ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment