Monday, February 16, 2015

Prisoner Toddler Top

When E was younger, I made her this super cute "Been inside for 9 months" body that was blue and white stripe (apparently black and white are not baby colours... I searched high and low for black and white stripes!). I stiched the letters on by hand and it took quite a while to do, but I loved it!

When I was in H&M and saw they had black and white tops, I jumped at the chance to make a new one. E is now getting on to 2 year's old, so obviously needed something a bit more appropriate written on her top. I decided to go with her date of birth so that it looked like an inmate's number.
I cut a small square of black material, programmed in my sewing machine to sew the numbers and then pressed "go"!! I attached the material with interface on the back and ironed it to the top. I then stitched around the edges in a white thread so that it would pop a bit.
I give you prisoner number 280513:




No comments:

Post a Comment