Sunday, November 25, 2012

Framed Chalkboard

I was commissioned with the task of making something out of wood for my friend's birthday. This was quite tricky as it couldn't be anything too heavy or fragile as I had to send it in the post to good old England!

I decided to go for a framed chalkboard to hang in the kitchen to put a shopping list on or something.

I had some nice border wood that I mitred into a frame and just glued it together and clamped the edges until they dried.

I then cut out a piece of plywood to size and painted it with chalkboard paint.

I painted the frame blue to match her kitchen colour and sealed it with a top coat as it will be in the kitchen that might get splashed with water.

I hammered the plywood into the frame and then added a pretty ribbon onto the back for hanging it from a hook.

Hope she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment